Friday, September 9, 2011

The Beach

For Labor Day weekend we were able to go to the South Padre Island with Steve's family.  It was fabulous!  Watching Cadance explore the beach for the first time was priceless.  It was seriously one of the best parts of being a mom so far.  Unfortunately I will not be able to share pictures.  I lost the cable to connect my camera to the computer.  The last time I saw it was in the diaper bag at the zoo :(  So...unless it fell out somewhere I haven't already checked I'm praying the zoo has a good lost and found.  My mother-in-law posted several pictures on FB, which are great, but seriously I have a ton!  It's hard to put the camera away when it's like constant smiles.  She loved the water, the sand, the birds, the wind, the sand, the people, the shells, the sand, the boogie board, and did I mention the sand?  Everyone was so impressed that it didn't bother her at all.  I was praying that a passing by dog didn't pee in the spot that she just put in her mouth.  Besides some irritated eyes from the sand that was rubbed therein she didn't have any problems.  It was fairly impressive.  So, hopefully we'll get some pictures soon!

In other good news Steve received his first invitation to do an interview for residency.  Oh, man.  That was a good email.  And, it became Autumn, like overnight.  When we came home it was suddenly cool at night and only like 90 during the day.  I was coming home from a meeting Tuesday night and thought to myself, "I feel cool, as in not hot, that so cool."  We went for a run today, at noon.  It was hot, but I tried to think about all the times I went out at 8:30 and I was sweating more than the run we went on today.  Good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment