Sunday, March 21, 2010

So Let's Talk About This

For the last 6 weeks this is what our street has looked like




Okay, it hasn't looked exactly like this. First, it was just dirt and then mud and then dirt again and then mud and then mud covered in snow. Then came sidebar on one side of the street followed by concrete and sidebar on the second side of the street,which is the current phase of the construction. You know, I haven't been the most patient person through the project. Looking down at your pant leg at work and realizing it's covered in mud from the construction just kind of irritates me. But, I have tried. Sometimes. I just don't understand why the city of Fort Worth couldn't have waited until after winter and hurricane season to start the new road and why with two blocks of undriveable street they chose to lay their extra sidebar in front of our house. Really, I don't think it was necessary.

Anybody else have frustrating construction stories? I'd love to hear

1 comment:

  1. When I was growing up, they shut down the main street off our little road for about 4 months. We had to park our cars in an entirely different neighborhood and set up agreements to walk through people's backyards to get anywhere. I hear your frustration. Construction stinks!

    ReplyDelete