Before I get into the pictures of everything we did, first let's make a list of some of the most memorable moments.
1. Turning the corner on I-395 and the Washington Monument popping into view- we were instantly excited.
2. Cadance dancing in the Gershwin exhibit
3. Watching Stephen Colbert in the Bob Hope exhibit, looking down, and Cadance being no where in view.
4. The recognition on Cadance's face when she saw "Where the Wild Things Are" book on display.
5. Not being able to stop myself from laughing while playing on the teeter-totter at a nearby park after we ate lunch.
6. Being kicked out, not once, but three times from Peter's concert.
7. At about 4pm noticing that Cadance's legs are pretty much sunburned- whoops!
8. Running across the lawn in front of the white house and realizing that it felt pretty good after a day of walking.
Here are some pics from our great day!
|Playing at the park. It was a sad time when we had to leave.|
|Library of Congress in the background.|
|Not wanting to have her picture taken while playing in the children's garden.|
|A little homage to Thailand- we loved the orchids|
|Whether or not Washington actually said this I think it's pretty fantastic|
|Having fun with Uncle Peter|
|In front of the Lincoln Memorial|
|My first time seeing Lincoln. I was so excited!|