Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, and Other Thoughts on the Season

A few weeks ago we purchased our Christmas tree.  I really like real trees and Steve usually gives in every year with my promise that one day we'll invest in a fake one.  We went to Home Depot and the first one we pulled up looked good so we bought it, strapped it to our car, and brought it home.  We were really worried that Cadance would be all over the tree, but mostly she's ignored it.  But, she loved the lights.


Until, of course, they were wrapped around her.


But, mostly she found them intriguing and loves looking at the tree when they're on.  We strategically placed ornaments on the tree based on Cadance's height.  The top definitely has more then the bottom, but we're aiming for zero broken ornaments!

In other new, Cadance was sick all last week.  She had a cold, ear infection, and she got a tooth.  So, teething without being able to breath through her nose meant lots of drool.  Constant.  So, she wore a bib all week.  In this picture she apparently got tired of it.  
   

In other thoughts:

1. Pine needles are horrible.  One more reason to have wood floors.
2. Whole wheat tortillas don't taste like tortillas.  Try as I might they really just taste like pressed wheat berries.
3.  Apple cider is 100% delicious.
4. I know it's good for them, but is reading a single book 5 times in one day really necessary?
5. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread today and in my opinion it smells like Christmas.
6. Cadance started taking one nap a day this week which makes me feel like she's old.  Couldn't she have waited a few months?
7. Yesterday Pinterest didn't display the search for a couple hours and it totally stressed me out.  I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with that.
8. Cadance is twirling.  It's the cutest thing in the world and hilarious because she gets dizzy really quickly.  Here's video.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Cadence makes for a pretty cute Christmas tree. I was a little disappointed, though, not to see an actual picture of your tree after all the talk leading up to it. I guess I was just curious how top-heavy it really is. :) (Also, I wholeheartedly agree with you on #2.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Don't kids make the holidays so much more fun?

    P.S. I am drooling over your pumpkin chocolate chip bread...my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete