Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Changes

It's amazing how many things can change in just a couple of weeks. Let me tell you about them.

1. Steve completed his board exams and started his third year of medical school. We haven't received his scores yet, but anticipate them any day. His 3rd and 4th years will be rotations in hospitals. He's starting with pediatrics. So far he loves it.

2. We moved. This was quite the adventure because Steve was in the middle of studying and then scout camp. We literally moved less them 12 hours after he arrived home from scout camp. I'm grateful to have moved while only 24 weeks pregnant. I was at least capable of packing the boxes. But, being busy myself, I stayed up until 1:30 packing the night before. Waiting for Steve was good motivation though. Luckily, we have an amazing ward and the move took less than 3 hours.

Here are some pictures of our new apartment. As you can tell we still have some work to do to move in.
Some things we like about our new apartment: central air conditioning, carpet, dishwasher, garbage disposal, pantry, exhaust fans in the bathroom, and no cracks in the walls.

3. We bought a car. Sorry, I don't have a picture, but the word people use to describe it is "cute." It's a 2009 Hyundai Accent in Maroon. We like it. I love it.

4. I now look pregnant. Not "oh yeah, you're kind of starting to show," but pregnant. I think this is the best picture I have. When we asked the guy to take it he made some comment about "the three of us." It took a minute to click, but then I smiled. Yes, the three of us.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love the moves while pregnant. At least yours was early. Mine was at 39 1/2 weeks. :) Hope everything is going well and as for the "three of us comment" it does take some getting used to, but so worth it. I am still adjusting to the fact there are three here as part of our family.

    Oh, and thank you for the booties. I hope you got the card I sent before you moved.

    P.S. it is finally letting me post a comment but I am signed in under Lowell. This is Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I can appreciate the pregnancy moves too! Love your pictures!! Thanks for updating your blog! AAAHHH I'm so excited to see you guys soon! Can't wait! You look great, Carolyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're apartment looks really cute! Have you guys picked out a name for your little girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and crazy for you guys!

    I am already thinking about Christmas break and coming to Texas. When will you guys be leaving/in the Ft. Worth area during Christmas time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roast- we have no idea. Steve does have a two week break, which is nice. But, we'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete